When does Ramadan 2023 begin in Saudi Arabia? Expected date is March 23, 2023.
Ramadan is expected to begin on March 23, 2023. This date may change depending on the crescent moon-sighting. The date will be updated here, after the official announcement by The Supreme Judiciary Council of Saudi Arabia.
Eid Mubarak and Have a Blessed Eid in different languages
Have a blessed Eid
Bayramınız Mübarek Olsun
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri
Selamat Idul Fitri
Barka da Sallah
Bajram Šerif Mubarek Olsun
Facts about Ramadan
- Ramadan is the 9th month of the Islamic Calendar (Hijrah Calendar).
- The first verses of the Quran were revealed during Ramadan.
- According to Prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that was reported by both Bukhari and Muslim, that Allah (the Glorified and Exalted) said, “Every deed of the son of Adam is for himself except fasting; it is for Me and I shall reward for it.”
- Muslims that have reached puberty, not on their period, and healthy must fast in Ramadan.
- Since Ramadan is based on the lunar calendar rather than the Gregorian calendar, it begins 11 or 12 days earlier than the previous year.
- Nearly 22% of the world’s population fast during Ramadan.
- The greeting of Ramadan is Ramadan Mubarak but the greeting changes to Eid Mubarak for the 3 days following Ramadan.
- Taraweeh prayer is not prayed in any other month.
- Muslims pay Zakat Al-Fitir in Ramadan (or during Eid).
- Laylat Al-Qadr that is worth 1,000 months and is in the month of Ramadan.
ICONS – I have been using these icons in WhatsApp, Facebook messages and other messaging apps. If you would like to download any of them to your phone or computer, just click on the image.